Thursday, May 15, 2008

Memphis in the Meantime

Well, I'm here in Memphis for the World Championship Bar-B-Q Festival. I was asked to come by some of my Cincinnati friends (Hi, Joanne...wish you were here) who actually won the competition a few years ago. They heard I was a barbeque fan, had this food blog and told me I needed to come down and experience a real competition first hand.

So, eight hours, three states, five rain storms and a near collision with a Roadway 18-wheeler later, I'm here and have already seen the tents lined up on the riverbank. This...is going to be cool.

The plan for tomorrow is to find our group ("Hog Heaven"), check in with them, hang out, help out and learn. I'm sure along the way, I'll make some new friends, pick up some new cooking tips to share with you all and, hopefully, add some new readers who can teach us all how to do it up "proper".

I'll be blogging (ok, I plan to blog) every day to let you know how things are going, share some stories and pass along any tips and tricks (maybe a secret or two?) I discover along to you. So fire up the grill, break out the hardwood and check in with me over the next few days.

'Cause we're gonna make some "real" barbeque, kids. And do it up proper.

No comments: